To increase the seed stock and availability of local landraces for grains and pulses.
- Encourage farmers to plant local seed (landraces) and cultivate organically by underwriting the cost of planting and harvesting their first crop, and contracting to buy the whole crop at fair-trade prices.
- Encourage farmers to save seed by including this requirement in the contract.
- Build stocks of landraces by banking seed for sale to local farmers to expand the project.
- Set a precedent for fair-trade agriculture in Jordan.
- Encourage research on and banking of landraces by partnering with NCARE's genetic resources unit.
- Zahagiyya, May 2013